Ask the Experts
Model ABEZ is a zero pressure live roller accumulation conveyor.
The many features provided by its' patented EZLogic® accumulation
system makes it the most versatile conveyor of its type. The
conveyor consists of accumulation zones each of which contains
an EZLogic® accumulation module. The accumulation modules
sense product presence to determine whether the zone should
be driving or accumulating. ABEZ conveyor lines, regardless
of length, may be fully accumulated with product with absolutely
zero backpressure at the discharge end or anywhere along the
length of the conveyor. This allows the conveyor to store
or stage product for other operations with no product damage
while minimizing power consumption and equipment wear. Also,
with no backpressure, cartons may be easily removed from any
point along its length for secondary operations. This standard
conveyor is also equipped with photoelectric sensing of product
making it reliable and trouble free when conveying products
weighing practically nothing up to 150 lbs per foot.
- Patented EZLogic® Accumulation System - Flexible
& Reliable operation
- Retroreflective or Diffuse Sensing of Product
- New Trapped Roller Design - Provides quiet operation
and reduced frame wear
- New Integral Tail Design - with Heavy Duty Bearings
- Zero Pressure Accumulation of Product
- Standard Zone Lengths - 12, 18, 24, 30, & 36
- No Minimum Product Weight
- Capacity - up to 150 lbs per foot
- Sleep Mode - Saves Energy and Equipment Wear when Cartons
are not being Conveyed
- Product Jam Detection
- Selectable Singulation Mode, Slug Mode or Any Combination
- Intermediate Zones Stop Available in Every Zone for Maximum
- Lengths - up to 200 feet
- Brake Rollers Located in Every Zone for Good Product
- Optional ABEC Roller Bearings Available for High Speed
The ABEZ is utilized in a vast array of applications ranging
from manufacturing, assembly lines, packaging, shipping, to
high speed distribution systems. Products that may be conveyed
vary from cardboard boxes to plastic totes to custom assembly
pallets of all types.
The ability to simply plug in intermediate zone stops in any
zone makes this conveyor ideal for assembly lines containing
operator workstations. Operators simply have to activate a
zone stop contact for the next available product to stop for
assembly, testing or inspection.
Another popular application for this conveyor is conveying
products from packaging equipment to palletizers. The product
may be accumulated and released in almost any fashion to match
specific product requirements or palletizer requirements.
throughput distribution centers utilize the Model ABEZ in
areas feeding merges, sorters, as well as sortation take-away
lines feeding shipping areas. The flexibility to select different
operation modes, ability to detect product jams, and sleep
feature allows this conveyor to function both efficiently
and reliably in many material handling systems.
is a publication by Hytrol Conveyor Company, Inc. - Effective
All Materials Copyright 2004-2005 Hytrol Conveyor Company, Inc.